WRITERS, BLOGGERS, PROS AND PEEPS WHO KNOW THEIR BEAUTY STUFF
A few of my favourite things
Mon, 26 October 2009 12:55PM
Let’s face it; we all love to read about what other people’s favourite products are because most likely, if it works for them, it could work for us. I always look forward to reading Zoe and Yasemin’s latest product reviews on PRIMPED and discovering their new favourites.
Today, I’ll share a few of my new-found obsessions:
1) Biotherm – Aquasource Biosensitive Moisturiser
• If, like me, you love Biotherm’s moisturisers but have sensitive skin and react to fragranced products; then this moisturiser is made specifically for you.
• It is super hydrating (good bye flaky skin, I won’t miss you!), smoothes the skin surface instantly, and I even noticed that my skin looked more plump.
• My makeup stayed on longer and I strongly believe it helped to control the shine around my T zone as well.
• Non greasy to apply.
2) La Prairie – Advanced Marine Biology Tonic
• Used instead of a toner, this tonic is high in anti-oxidants, boosts collagen and adds radiance to the skin.
• Calms the skin with noticeably less redness, zits and irritations with just a couple of uses.
• Skin texture looks more defined and brightens the overall appearance. Score! Excuse my constant obsession with brightening products.
• I love to use this over scars or imperfections on the skin as it helps to heal them and boosts recovery for the skin cells.
3) Napoleon Perdis – Boudoir Mist Spray Foundation
• Perfect for those who are time poor in the mornings before work. This is my life saviour for those mornings where I am not disciplined enough to apply normal foundation/tinted moisturiser like everyone else.
• Also great for blending the neck/chest area. Instead of spending another 5 minutes to blend around those areas; I just spray away in a few seconds.
• I usually hold this around 20-30cm from my face and press down for roughly 3 – 5 seconds. I find this method gives me a pretty even coverage and a sheer finish with a glow.
• There is no time spent waiting for it to dry! I could apply my blush straight after.
• Quick reminders: Always shake before spraying, apply primer and concealer before spraying, and keep hair and clothes safely covered to prevent any spraying accidents.
What are your new favourite products? I want to know all about them!
Posted by: Ponikuta