WRITERS, BLOGGERS, PROS AND PEEPS WHO KNOW THEIR BEAUTY STUFF
Fuss-Free Friday: Gisele Bündchen’s Red Lip Stain and Awesome Hair
Fri, 9 April 2010 11:45AM
I applied and reapplied my makeup TWICE this morning, Primpers. That’s just not right for a Friday. Friday is a fuss-free day. It came down to being too heavy handed with my bronzer and looking like an over-tanned cougar, however, as Gisele Bündchen-Brady demonstrates here, there’s a way to keep it simple, and look ridiculously hot at the same time.
Here she is posing up a storm at the launch of her “Ipanema” Footwear Collection
When in doubt, I always like to look the supermodels to get some clarity, Primpers. They know their shit. It’s their job. That said, I secretly love it when they have something out of place, and if like me, you’re looking at what looks to be a sweat patch on Gisele here and rejoicing, you need to put your hooray’s away. It’s just the lighting. Booo!
Anyway, back to why we’re here right now. You see, I think that sometimes in the quest to be all ‘beauty editory’, I try too hard with my makeup. I spend a solid 5 minutes perfecting my eye makeup and make sure all my foundation is perfectly blended and glowy before I leave the house. (Note: I know that could sound sarcastic, but for me in the mornings, 5 minutes is some solid time, Primpers).
However, it’s on days like today, where nothing seems to be working for me, that I need to take a lesson from mumma Bündchen-Brady here.
- If my hair isn’t looking perfectly curled and ‘boofed’, just add a little wave in the bottom with a curling tong and spritz in some sea salt spray for texture. Approximate time to complete – 1 minute.
- If my eye makeup isn’t working, switch to a bright lip instead and keep my eye shadow to a mere slick of Vaseline (it gives a lovely sheen to your lids like Gisele here), a sweep of a single colour eye shadow some mascara. Approximate time to complete – 2 minutes.
- Apply my bronzer more heavily to the apples of my cheeks, like I would my blush, and apply a highlighter, rather than rouge. Approximate time to complete – 30 seconds.
- If I am going for a bright lip, try a stain rather than a full on creamy product. Much easier to maintain. Approximate time to complete – 2.5 seconds.
- And finally, remember that contrasting colours can actually work wonders when done correctly. Her purple dress, red lips and soft pink eye shadow like Gisele has gone for here, miraculously looks fuss-key AND amazing. Winner! Somehow Charlize Theron couldn’t pull it off at the Oscars, but Giz is smashing it here.
Well Primpers, tell me…
How do you think Gisele looks here?
Do you ever have those days where your makeup just isn’t working?
Any hints to share like these?
Posted by: Yasemin Trollope