WRITERS, BLOGGERS, PROS AND PEEPS WHO KNOW THEIR BEAUTY STUFF
Video: The Weekly Brush Up
Fri, 4 May 2012 9:56AM
From nail trends at Fashion Week to the woman who reportedly subjected her 6-year-old red-headed child to a tanning bed, this is The Weekly Brush Up.
Can’t watch the video just yet? Here’s the rundown…
1. Do you have frizzy hair? Can’t seem to tame those flyways? ME TOO! Until I started using Kerastase Fibre Architecte, $49.50. Seriously, Primpers, this is one $50 worth investing in. It rebuilds damaged hair and makes frizz just disappear. There’s science behind it, but let’s face it, all we care about is if it actually works. And it does!
2. OPI are launching a new range of lacquers to coincide with the new Spiderman movie coming out in June. The range is on sale on the 13th of May and it’s all metallic and fun and spidery. My pick is Just Spotted The Lizard, which is wild and looks like this…
3. This week, Fashion Week has monopolised our beauty coverage so I’m not going to touch on it too much. That said, one of the biggest trends coming through was perfectly wearable nude, sandy, putty tones that I personally love. Ellery’s caramely, soft-yellow toned nails stole the show for me, proving that muted tones can, in fact, be fun. Next week, Ellery’s range of nail wrap patterns will hit ASOS, so stay tuned for that.
4. It’s the news that’s sparked international outrange and reflared the fire on tanning beds. A New Jersey woman is being charged with allegedly subjecting her 6-year-old daughter to regular tanning sessions. The woman apparently goes to the salon every second day for her 12-minute sessions, clearly not deterred by the risk of skin cancer. My opinion is, not shockingly, that this woman needs her head examined, but more importantly, I want to know what you think. Here’s the visual so you can see the terrifying effects (and her poor daughter, whose skin should not be anywhere near one of these death traps). What do you think about this? Appalling, or not so bad?
5. And finally, let’s talk about Cameron Diaz’s hair. The star revealed on The Tonight Show that she burst into tears when she recently cut her hair short. The gorgeous celeb stated, “It was one of those moments, I couldn’t … I just started bursting into tears. I felt so vulnerable. For a woman to all of a sudden have no hair, oh my God! … [My friend] felt really bad. I felt really bad. She started crying. I started crying.”
Hey, we’ve all been there, Cam. Now Primpers, it’s your turn to spill the beans on your hair horrors. Have you ever burst into tears over a haircut? I know I have.
Can’t wait to read your thoughts.
See you all next week,
Posted by: Yasemin Trollope