WRITERS, BLOGGERS, PROS AND PEEPS WHO KNOW THEIR BEAUTY STUFF
Confessions of a (Budget) Shopaholic
Sat, 14 July 2012 2:27PM
Do you remember that scene in Confessions of a Shopaholic where Rebecca describes why she loves shopping? “You know that thing when you see someone cute and he smiles and your heart kind of goes like warm butter sliding down hot toast? Well that’s what it’s like when I see a store. Only it’s better.”
Remember that? Well that’s how I feel about Priceline.
Priceline is safe. Priceline has everything. A Priceline purchase on my credit card won’t make me feel faint. Sure, I love to splurge on Benefit goodies and a new Dior lipstick every now and then, but Priceline is my ultimate go-to for my beauty needs.
Over the years I have discovered some amazing products, so I thought I’d be nice and share them with you. Just don’t clean out the shelves before I get a chance to go shopping, okay?
- My favourite mascara of all time doesn’t come with a huge price tag. What it does come with is serious lash volumising and lengthening powers. Introducing CoverGirl Lash Blast Fusion mascara, $18.95. This funky purple tube of goodness gives me perfect lashes every single time. It’s fool-proof! The large brush carries just enough product, never clumps, and picks up every single eyelash in a single sweep. The result is gorgeous, dramatic lashes that will have everyone wondering, “What’s her secret?”
- Next up is a cult favourite. I’m preaching to the converted but I can’t help myself – I have to sing the praises of this product because it really is sensational. It primes, it hydrates, and it keeps your makeup right where you want it. It’s … Face of Australia Primer, $11.95.
- And finally, lipstick. While I love a luxurious designer lippie, I don’t turn my nose up at a bargain. In my experience, lipsticks are the one product where price doesn’t determine quality. At the moment I am building up a collection of Australis Colour Inject Lipsticks, $12.95, and I couldn’t be happier. They’re creamy, relatively long lasting, and come in a huge range of colours. Tango has fast become my favourite red-orange. It glides across my lips and suddenly the cold winter day doesn’t seem so bleak.
- I have pretty good skin (not to brag or anything) and my secret is Sukin. It’s cheap, it’s all-natural, the range is extensive, and it’s fantastic. I swear by the Rosehip Oil, $19.99, and apply it liberally every night. Because, at this price, why wouldn’t you? Oh, I couldn’t possibly not mention my favourite winter exfoliant of all time – Sukin Facial Scrub, $9.99. It’s a gentle creamy formula that leaves your skin feeling clean without drying your skin out. Perfection.
- And for those days when your skin needs a little pampering, but you can’t spring for a facial, pick up a pack of Skinvitals Cloth Masks, $10.49 (for three). I use these constantly – this winter I am alternating between the Hydrating and Brightening masks – and they truly do create magic.
So now that I’ve shared my favourite beauty bargains, what are yours? Come on, share!
- Emma Salik, The Beauty Blot
Posted by: PRIMPED Posse