WRITERS, BLOGGERS, PROS AND PEEPS WHO KNOW THEIR BEAUTY STUFF
Don’t even think about tinting your brows before reading this.
Tue, 29 November 2011 10:12AM
Hello Primpers. I’m back and eager to tackle the widely neglected topic of Brow Tinting.
So for all my lovely Primpers with disappearing or thin-pin brows, please listen up! You may not like what I have to say but I have to be cruel (just an expression, of course) to be kind.
So…is this your dilemma?
You suffer from light brows or over-plucked brows that are in desperate need of some brow volume. Your quick fix is to have them tinted by your brow lady. Once tinted, your brows are temporarily darkened and appear fuller. Within a few days, the tint fades and then your back in the same cycle again. Sounds familiar?
You may be surprised with this revelation. Out of all my beautiful clients, I only offer brow tinting to about 8 clients. Unless they are the perfect candidates for brow tinting, I have no hesitation in declining their request. Instead, I offer personalised brow solutions for their specific brow concerns.
4 Great reasons not to tint
- Unless your brows are in great shape to start with, tinting will only exaggerate imperfections, especially with rounded or tadpole-looking brows.
- On thin brows, tinting only temporarily stains the skin to create the illusion of fuller brows. In a week or so when the stain fades from the skin, you’re left with darker brows (still thin) which can look quite harsh, especially against pale skin.
- There’s a real art to tinting. If done inconsistently the brows can appear heavy looking at the front with disappearing tail ends. In other words, you will have short, stubby-looking brows.
- On fair, thick brows, tinting can make them appear bushy and unkempt.
3 Great reasons to tint:
- If you’re fair. A good tint job will define the brow shape and naturally frame your face. A perfect example is Gwyneth Paltrow.
- If your brows are your ‘thing.’ A brow tint will easily enhance their shape. My favourite example is Rachael Taylor with her strong brows that give her an air of confidence and sex appeal.
- It’s ideal for holidays, when you need the definition, but don’t want to deal with the fuss of brow products.
Posted by: Eliza Ashe