WRITERS, BLOGGERS, PROS AND PEEPS WHO KNOW THEIR BEAUTY STUFF
I’ve got my eyes set on you
Tue, 3 November 2009 1:00PM
I love a little radiance on my skin and since light-reflecting properties have popped up in loads of skincare and makeup products in the past few seasons, I am not alone.
Recently, I have discovered this gem by Thierry Mugler and I have been raving about it to everyone I see, literally. Yves St Laurent’s Touche Éclat may be a favourite of most beauty editors but I think I’ve found a product that could beat it.
Thierry Mugler’s Radiant Concealer $65
Why is it so awesome?
• It is both a concealer and highlighter
• It melts into my skin. Do you know how hard it is to find a concealer that melts into your skin? I bet you do. 90% of the time, with a bad concealer, the product just sits on top of the flaw and accentuates the problem, not conceals it. This doesn’t look obvious on the skin at all since it melts and blends like butter on hot toast!
• It doesn’t cake/flake/budge/move/transfer…
• The coverage is sheer but buildable. You don’t want a concealer that is thick and heavy because it would make your life oh-so difficult with all that extra time wasted attempting to blend it into your skin.
• Speaking of the coverage, it conceals dark eye circles and pigmentations like magic
• It also gives a subtle hint of radiance to the skin
• I am a hygiene freak. Concealer brushes or click tops always looks a little disgusting after some time. This one comes in a silicone applicator; all you need is a swift wipe with an antibacterial wipe and viola! Clean as brand spankin’ new.
• The silicone applicator can be used back (for around the eyes) and front (for the face)
Here is a picture of the oh-so-awesome-and-revolutionary silicone applicator:
Thierry Mugler’s Platinum Mirror collection will be available from 5th October 09 onwards, exclusively at the Mugler counter in David Jones, Elizabeth Street Sydney.
Posted by: Ponikuta