WRITERS, BLOGGERS, PROS AND PEEPS WHO KNOW THEIR BEAUTY STUFF
Multiply Your Makeup and Beauty Products
Wed, 18 August 2010 9:53AM
Follow these beauty insider tricks to maximise your makeup and make your beauty products work harder for you…
Here’s how to make your makeup work over-time…
* Blend lipstick onto your cheeks to create a sheer coloured blush (but make sure your skin is well moisturised).
* Lip gloss can double as a highlighter for your cheeks and eyes.
* Eye pencils can be used to outline and define your lips too.
* Shimmery eye shadow is great for defining cheekbones and collarbones.
* Rub lip balm into your nails to nourish and soften your cuticles.
* Mix Vaseline with a little loose powder eye shadow to create a shimmery highlighter for your face and body.
MAKE YOUR BEAUTY DOLLAR GO FURTHER
* Make your own scented body lotion by adding a couple of drops of your favourite essential oil or perfume to Sorbolene cream.
* Save on face exfoliators by rubbing your face with a dry towel before cleansing, or with a damp face cloth afterwards.
* If your nail polish refuses to dry, spray on a non-stick cooking spray to speed up the process. Alternatively, coax your nail polish into a fast-drying mode by sticking it in the freezer for a few minutes before you apply it.
* To instantly revive your foundation in a matter of seconds, place a clean tissue over your face, spritz with a water spray and then peel it off.
MAXIMISE YOUR MILEAGE
* FINGER PAINTING: Apply foundation with your fingers because sponges just soak up the product meaning less colour for your face.
* BOTTOMS UP: Store your hair and skin-care products upside down to ensure you get every last drop.
* THE SCOOP: You may think you’ve finished your lipstick but there’s actually a quarter of the lippie still in there. Scoop it out with a knife and make your own lipstick palette.
* CUT YOUR LOSSES: When you can’t squeeze anymore out of a tube, cut it in half, you’ll be surprised how much product will be inside.
* GET INTO HOT WATER: To get the last couple of swipes of mascara or lip gloss, run the closed tube under hot water.
* MIX IT UP: If you’re almost out of foundation, add a few drops of moisturiser to the bottle and shake it up to make a sheer base.
Posted by: bellaMUMMA