Tips! Tricks! Techniques!
How to: Nikki Reed’s Elegant Low Bun from the Twilight Red Carpet
Fri, 16 November 2012 2:43PM
While Kristen Stewart caused a stir with her old school Hollywood curls, it was Nikki Reed’s low bun that scored the title of PRIMPED’s hairstyle of the week at the premiere of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 …
And here’s the reveal …
So fabulous and elegant, no? Especially teamed with that sultry brown eyeshadow and glossy nude lip.
Want to try it at home? Us, too. Luckily, we’ve got the lowdown from Wella Professionals Stylist Mara Roszak, who created the style on Nikki.
Let’s get started …
- Begin by applying a couple of pumps of Wella Professionals Flowing Form, $24, to damp hair and brush through.
- Using a tail comb, create a side part on your chosen side, and blow-dry your hair using a round bristle brush. To smooth any flyaways, use a five-cent piece size of a smoothing serum and rub it into the palm of your hands and begin with the ponytail first, and then move on to your crown, as to not overload your roots with product.
- Pull your hair tight to the nape of your neck and secure it with a hair elastic.
- Holding your ponytail, loop your hair through the elastic to create a small bun and secure it with bobby pins, leaving the ends of your tail poking out.
- Grab the remaining hair and wrap it around the elastic, using as many bobby pins as needed to keep your hair in place underneath the bun.
- To finish and ensure that the style holds, add a light spritz of strong-hold hairspray.
And just to prove how easy it really is, here’s Kat’s version that she whipped up in around three minutes (her hair was already blow-dried). A good day-to-night hair move to keep in mind this party season perhaps?
Tell me Primpers, do you love this style?
How easy does it sound to recreate!
Give it a try and let us know how you go.