Body & Fragrance
Tips! Tricks! Techniques!
How to: Get Champagne Beauty Looks on a Baked Beans Budget
Wed, 1 August 2012 1:06PM
Baked beans are not only delicious, they are also cheap.
Which is how I like my beauty product. But you would never know that a small stack of coins is all it takes to buy most of my makeup at the moment, for I strive to look at least several million (Yen) per day.
And guess what, it’s super easy. Look in any major makeup artist’s kit and you will find at least a few things that cost less than a Euro or three.
Try it. Maybe walk a part way to work and save on the bus fare. At the end of the week you will not only have a tighter rump, but more loose change to buy these:
- Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes, $7.95, from Priceline, are an essential for the desk or bedside drawer. Makeup free days are my skin’s favourite on the calender, and a gentle sweep of these each morning keeps these skin-friendly moments coming thick and fast.
- I have had my fair share of bad hair days. But they are easily fixed with Fudge Dry Shampoo, $6.95, from Priceline. Seriously, for less than seven bucks I can blitz any sensorial memories of last nights pub crawl or this morning’s gym visit (not both in succession, for obvious reasons).
- The last scrummy pink purchase of mine was a Chuppa Chup. Then I was introduced to Maybelline NY Baby Lips Lip Balm Pink Glow, $3.95, from pharmacies, and now I get my sugar kick from this pretty pink moisturising balm. It smells divine and can easily be applied without a mirror, as the colour melts onto lips on contact.
- Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads, $9.95, from pharmacies, are the number one selling product in the category in the US, which just goes to show our Yank cousins can budget as well as they swim! Who knew?
- Unlike the 127.3 calories that lay around on your thighs for a week following the consumption of a block of Cadbury Rocky Road, you will be delighted to have Garnier Body Intensive 7 days Rich Repairing Cream with Mango Oil, $8.95, from supermarkets and pharmacies, loiter in the same area for up to seven days post-application. Because it does.
- I don’t know about you but I change my mind on my nail colour more often than my manicurist is willing to book me in for an appointment. So I’m excited about DIY digits with Natio Little Treasures Mini Nail Polish Collection, $5.95, available in September from Myer. I can rock a soft hue on Sundays, a wild wet look nails for Wednesdays and possibly a fiery red on Friday. And still have spare change for Saturday!
- I know I’ve bored you cents-less with my short hair/growing out stories, but I tell you, my salvation has come for under Eight Fat Ones. Kit Cosmetics Hair Pins $7.95, Kit Cosmetics, come in the cutest colours, so a pin and tuck each morning is actually an unintentional fashion statement. Which is priceless, right?
- Apivita Lip Care with Cocoa Butter SPF15, $9.90, Adore Beauty, is one of the natural wonders of the beauty world. With nearly 90% natural ingredients including olive oil, beeswax, cocoa butter, shea butter, avocado oil, and geranium essential oil it prevents lips – and bank accounts – from drying up.
What about you Primpettes? What are your top baked-beans beauty buys?
Any that we need to know about?
Posted by: ecb