Tips! Tricks! Techniques!
How to: Keira Knightley’s Romantic Chanel Couture Look
Fri, 7 September 2012 11:39AM
When we spotted Keira Knightley, exquisitely made up on the red carpet at the premiere of Anna Karenina …
… there was something about it that reminded us of the ice-queen-ish (and très Russian romantic heroine, à la AK) makeup we saw on the Chanel Couture catwalk back in July.
Sure enough, an email has just popped into our inboxes, from the lovely ladies chez Chanel, to let us know how their makeup artist, Lisa Eldridge, achieved Keira’s look.
And, well, it would be mean not to share the love, right? So here you go …
- “Lisa started with a flawless base using Perfection Lumière Foundation in 10 Beige applied with a brush and buffed into the skin.
- She also applied the concealers Éclat Lumière in 20 Beige Clair and Lift Lumière Concealer in 10 Beige around Keira’s eyes and on the high points of her face to highlight.
- After a light dusting of Poudre Universelle Libre in 20 Clair, Lisa went onto the eyes.
- Lisa began with a perfect liquid line along the upper lashes using Ecriture De Chanel in Noir.
- She softened this using the powder shadow Ombre Essentielle in Ebony.
- At the outer corner she lifted and elongated the liner into a small kitten flick.
- Lisa washed a mixture of Ombres Contraste Duo in Gris–Subtil across Keira’s eyelid, mixing it until it was a very soft shimmery silver/grey. She also added the pale pink Ombre Essentielle in Liberty at the socket line to blend and soften.
- Underneath the lower lashes she used the Duo again, to add some soft, smoky definition.
- A blush of the shimmery pink Liberty at the inner corner and Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Ebène along the lower waterline completed the eye look.
- Lisa then added lots of Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir and a few individual lashes at the outer edge of the upper lashes.
- Brows were lightly powdered using Le Sourcil De Chanel in Brun for a soft, flattering effect.
- For cheeks Lisa dusted Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Rose Initiale mainly to the apples of the cheeks for a fresh flush of colour.
- Lips were shaped with Le Crayon Lévres in Natural, and the beautifully chic and elegant lipstick Rouge Allure in Evanescente finished off the look to perfection.”
The take-home message? Pretty-up a statement smoky eye with a rosy blush and pinky-nude lipstick. Try this new duo from Chanel: Joues Contraste in Rose Initiale, $71, and Rouge Allure in Evanescente, $50, from department stores.
Both gorgeous buys were used not only on Keira about also on the models at the Chanel couture show. And, we’re sure, they would also be spotted on Anna K herself – if she were around today, no doubt as some beyond-fabulous Russianista.
Posted by: Katrina Lawrence