Tips! Tricks! Techniques!
Miranda Kerr’s old Hollywood glamour look
Fri, 12 August 2011 2:19PM
Can you imagine walking down the street with this phenomenal makeup painted on your pretty face? Everyone (both boys and girls) will be doing a double take. This old Hollywood glamour look, with bold red lips and bouncy curls, will have you feeling fabulous and fearless instantly.
Let’s all take a second to stare at the beautiful Miranda Kerr at the David Jones Spring/Summer 2011 Fashion Launch:
This amazing look is complementary of David Jones Makeup Director, the man who needs no introduction, Napoleon Perdis. Between painting Miranda’s lips red and swirling a rosy blush on her cheeks we asked him to tell us how the heck we can get this look ourselves!
Get the Look:
1. Prep skin with Napoleon Complex Skin Renewal Serum. It will give you a lovely illuminating effect from the get-go.
2. And of course you want this gorgeous look to stay in place all day, so you’ll need Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer.
3. Napoleon is a firm believer in applying mascara before anything else. It instantly brightens your face, and allows you to build from there. On Miranda he used Mesmer-eyes Mascara.
4. For a flawless complexion he sprayed Boudoir Mist Spray Foundation over her face.
5. Set (and also conceal and cover-up) your makeup with Camera Finish Powder Foundation.
6. Using Mozaic Bronzing Powder below the cheek bone, Mosaic Gleamer above the cheekbone and, to brighten up a neutral face, Mosaic Blushing Powder along the cheekbone, your face will be contoured in all the right places.
7. Going for natural but slightly tamed brows, apply light strokes of Precision Brow Pencil over any gaps.
8. Define the eyes with Prismatic Eye Shadow Quad #5, then smudge China Doll Gel Liner in Earth close to the upper lash line.
9. Line the inner rim of your eyes with a white liner, like China Doll Gel Liner in Alabaster.
10. Add your second coat of mascara now. This time Napoleon used Lash Patrol 747.
11. The show-stopper, the red lips, were created with Double Agent Rouge, a velvety-textured, strong red lip followed by a lip liner.
Phew! Who said pretty was easy? Actually, it kinda is. Give it a go yourself and let us know how you went!
Are you game enough to give this look a go?
What’s your go-to red lipstick?
Posted by: Chelsea Tromans