Tips! Tricks! Techniques!
Sizzle with soft pink makeup like Erin Heatherton
Fri, 27 May 2011 11:15AM
Do you whip out the pale pink shades when you want a romantic chic look? Me too. But I’m afraid we’re not getting the most out of our pretty pink, Primpers. Wow, that was a mouthful! Looking at the ever-so-stunning Erin Heatherton at the Victoria’s Secret Bombshell Tour, I realised pink can work for a smokin’ hot look, too.
No surprise that it took a Victoria’s Secret Angel to help us see the light:
The secret to taking pink from soft to sizzling:
1. Create a bright eyed look by only taking your eyeliner three-quarters of the way along the lower lash line. Smudge it a smidgen for a carefree finish.
2. Super curly lashes are very sultry. Use a eyelash curler and curl-enhancing mascara like Maybelline New York XXL Pro Curl Mascara, $19.95 to get this look.
3. Dab a touch of gloss on your lips for a subtle shine that catches everyone’s eye. We love Kiehl’s Lip Gloss in French Rose, $27. Don’t go too glossy or colourful – you want it to look uber-natural.
4. Lightly sweep a smoky plum shade from the outer corner of your lid to about two-thirds inwards. Try Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow in Provocative Plum Matte, $42. Love the name (and the shade is perfect, too)!
5. Your brows, skin and cheeks should be kept nude and makeup free, where possible. If your complexion needs a little makeup try a tinted moisturiser, such as Becca Luminous Skin Colour, $68.
Our BIGGEST tip: Keeping the makeup application minimal will help you achieve a more sexy look than a full face of rosy cheeks, kissable lips and shimmery eyes. Case in point: Olivia Wilde’s use of pink makeup is much more gorgeous girly. See what we mean Primpers…
Do you like the idea of being a pink bombshell for a change?
Do you use more or less makeup to achieve your sexy status?
Posted by: Chelsea Tromans