Tips! Tricks! Techniques!
How to: Do a Super-Easy Skin-Brightening Facial
Mon, 9 July 2012 2:53PM
Glowy skin never goes out of style. But while it’s in fashion every season, it’s especially lust-worthy in winter, when the winds and chill can zap skin of its soft suppleness. Here’s how to get your glow back … without having to leave your bathroom.
- Remove all traces of makeup with a creamy cleanser. Wipe off with a gentle cloth, and pat dry.
- Now it’s time to really clean your skin. So, take a cleanser formulated with alpha hydroxy acids (such as glycolic) or beta hydroxy acids (salicylic), which will get right down into the pores. For example: MD Formulations Facial Cleanser with Glycolic, $85, 1800 808 993, or Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser, $13.99, from pharmacies. Lather up with warm water and massage into skin. Wash off and, once more, pat skin dry.
- Next step: apply a DIY version of a salon peel. Try an acid-based mask, or one formulated with enzymes. Such as: Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel, $59.99, 1800 646 000, or Alba Botanica Papaya Enzyme Facial Mask, $16.95, 1300 762 025. Either way, they work to dissolve dead, dull skin while on your face. As for timing, follow the instructions on the label.
- Now you’ve effectively exfoliated your skin. So it’s time to give back some TLC. Grab a vitamin or moisture mask (we love Dermalogica Age Smart MultiVitamin Power Recovery Masque, $76, 1800 659 118), and massage it in for a couple of minutes. This will help work the ingredients into skin; and the massage action itself will help conjure up a pretty rosy glow. Leave mask on for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and apply an antioxidant-rich moisturiser to slightly-damp skin.
So, there you have it: brighter skin in five simple steps. Are you tempted to try it?
Or do you have any other skin-glowifying tips you can share?
Posted by: Katrina Lawrence